Photobucket


Thursday, November 11, 2010

Thankful Thursday

I'm copying a couple of others I saw do a "Thankful Thursday" post today since Thanksgiving is looming on the horizon.

We don't always take time to acknowledge what means the most to us, so here are 7 things I'm thankful for:


1. My ridiculously cute and amazing 3-year-old nephew, Reese, who has blessed my life in more ways than I could ever imagine. I always say he is the light of my life, which sounds so cheesy, but it's so true. I sometimes wonder if I will love my own kids as much as him because I can't imagine loving anything more.

2. My mom who I don't know what I'd do without. Seriously, I've alerted my family and friends that if God forbid something ever happens to my mom that someone better check me into the nearest mental institution immediately because there is a good chance I'd off myself. Now you know too.

3. My two DVRs. It's safe to say I have an addiction to TV. How many people do you know that live alone and have 2 DVRS for themselves? Exactly.

4. Some sweet nectar a.k.a. booze after a long day at work. My go-to drink: Relax Riesling. Very affordable and refreshing. In college I discovered Relax Riesling during a wine tasting while at a conference in New Orleans and it was the first wine I ever liked. To this day it's still my fave.

5. Having a job because I know how fortunate I am. When I decided to start looking for a new job in communications back in June, it only took a couple of weeks and I know that is definitely not the norm. The unknown is always scary for me and leaving a job of 4 years was a hard decision, but I knew it was time. I am so lucky it all worked out and I'm happier than ever with my new position.

6. Relatively good health. I very rarely get sick with the exception of the swine flu I somehow caught last year the week before I moved. I would say it happened at the worst timing ever but since I was bedridden, my mom and brother got the exciting task of packing up my place up for me. Of course I waited until the last possible moment to pack, so when I got sick I only had about 2 boxes packed. Whoopsies, sorry guys.

7. And last but not least, in honor of Veteran's Day, I'm thankful for our military heroes. It still blows my mind that someone is willing to risk their life for my freedom and safety. We had a Veteran's Day celebration at work and hearing the stories about their service was such a great reminder of the sacrifice so many men and women selflessly make.

{Image via mtsofan}
Pin It

2 comments:

  1. I love you. You are the best daughter a MOM could wish for. We have had our moments that I will never forget both good and bad, mostly good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bahhahah! Um, you had the swine flu?! Uh ... I'm just picturing your mom and brother, walking into your UNpacked apt with face masks on ... they must love you.

    ReplyDelete