Photobucket


Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Be a doll and help me pick my new work shoes!

Before you start to judge and side-eye me too bad, let me just say that I do in fact have a lot of cute heels.  Don't let this post fool you.  However, out of comfort and convenience, I pretty much wear the same black pumps to work every day 9 times out of 10. 

[via] Ha! NeNe from Real Housewives ATL gives the best side-eye.
I wear them until they start to smell so funky I gag when I take them off or they start to fall apart so bad that it's too embarrassing to be in public with them on.  Whichever comes first.  My "every day black pumps" typically have a life span of about 6 months.  We're talking screws exposed on the heel, scuffed toes and once, I even wore a straight up hole in the sole.  I kid you not, I still wore them like that. 

I normally hit up DSW when the time comes to retire a pair.  I've bought Charles David (the culprit of the hole sole), BCBG, Nine West, Bandolino (my current pair), etc.  However, a pair that held up the best and lasted me the longest was a pair I picked up at PAYLESS of all places.  I was in a bind, on my way to the airport for a work conference in Chicago and that was my only option. I settled on a patent leather pair of pumps and those babies lasted me forever. 

So the time has come to retire my Bandalinos and it got me to thinking, I should probably give Payless another try.  Maybe I'll have just as good of luck this time, right? 

This is where you come in.  I present you with my 2 options.  Which one should I order?  I'm leaning toward Option 2.  Let me know in the comments what you think and I'll do a follow-up post with my final decision. 
Option 1 - Karma Pump by Dexter - $22.99

Option 2 - Loveit Overlasted Platform Pump by Fioni - $26.99 
Pin It

21 comments:

  1. Option 2, they just have a young feeling. The shine can allow you to wear them to work or dress up at night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2
    2
    2
    2
    !!!!!!!!!!

    I feel ya on work shoes girl. I used to be keen on dressing up and wearing my black pumps. My first ones were sooo sexy and high and uncomfortable. Slowly, as the 4 months came around (yes, I have to replace mine every FOUR months because of the screws that stick out LOL!), I buy ones with smaller heels. And I HATE kitten heels...but that is what it has come down to LOL!

    Totally option 2 though! They are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A woman after my own heart! I work in a male dominated stuffy conservative office so pretty much black closed toe pumps are the only option. I go through them like nobodys business. Jeremy is constantly complaining about how often I have to buy new black pumps... I actually had to buy a new pair this weekend. Found some cute ones at banana republic on sale plus an extra 30% off! They look an awful lot like option 2 which kinda pisses me off that I spent $40 bucks more, but oh well.

    With all that said, go with #2. We can be twinkies at our next HH!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 2 fo sho! they're sexier but look just as comfy and practical as the first pair.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both look great but I love #2. I have so many pair of "work" shoes but usually just switch between one pair of black flats and one pair or black heels. I too once got a hole in my shoe and I was devasted because it was one of my favorite pairs to wear (everyday) so I had to throw them away. :( I'm always on the lookout for comfy shoes to wear to work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. most definitely 2! hi from botswana by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I say #2. Love the shiny. But are they comfortable?

    ReplyDelete
  8. new follower! :)

    Love option 2. I have basically the same pair but mine have a leopard pattern inside..I think I got them at Macy's!

    I'm with you on wearing shoes until they die. I recently did a vlog on this one pair of shoes I wore until they were so worn and so gross. Actually who am I kiddin..I still wear them and refuse to toss them until they toss themselves off my feet!

    haha we all do it! :)

    xoxox love your blog cant wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think the color of #1 is better for work and everyday but I like the heel and toe of #2 better!

    ReplyDelete
  10. option 2. i have a pair like that i got from target 2 years ago on clearance and i still wear them to this day.

    ReplyDelete
  11. definitely, definitely, definitely number 2 - i have patent ones and i LOVE for them....thank god someone else has the funky-smelling pump problem! you're not alone !

    ReplyDelete
  12. Option 2! I like the shape of the heel better!

    xoxo
    Stephanie&such

    ReplyDelete
  13. new follower!

    Love Option 2, they are cute and the patent leather gives them a little something extra, also like the heel better on them!

    def want a review once you get and wear on comfort factor!

    ReplyDelete