Photobucket


Friday, March 18, 2011

I admit, I used to be a dollar store hater

I don’t know why, but I used to be such a dollar store snob. I thought they only had really scummy, chincy junk. Lately, I’ve been obsessed. Is there anything better than a store where everything is literally a dollar? Actually, yes there is. The 99 Cent Only Store.  However, the Dollar Tree comes in at a close second for me.

I’ve bought all my organizational bins from the 99 Cent Only Store, which you can see here and here. And most recently, I found the cutest stuff for my nephew’s Easter basket at the Dollar Tree. I got so excited when I got home I had to put it all together even though Easter was still 2 months away at the time. Check, check, check it out:


I get some of my cleaning supplies, holiday décor, sippy cups, toddler plates, kitchen supplies like foil, and gift bags from dollar stores. The opportunities are endless. I’m telling you, if you too suffer from dollar store snobbiness, check one out this weekend and you won’t be disappointed. It will change your life.
Pin It

12 comments:

  1. I used to love the dollar store as a kid because my mom would give me a dollar and I could buy ANYTHING in there! It was like Christmas everytime I went shopping. THEN...as I got older, I would go in there, be so excited to purchase something and they would tell me it was $2 or more. WTF?! It was the DOLLAR STORE, not the TWO DOLLAR STORE! But, maybe if they are back to their normal business practices, I will have to make another attempt at going in! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are a good aunt. i love getting my "nieces" stuff for easter and vday every year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. makes me want to go make auntie baskets RIGHT now! um, at the dollar store tho, :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. For bday/halloween/christmas decorations, dollar stores are great - I don't want to spend too much on stuff I'm throwing away right after!

    Have a great weekend :)

    K.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are such an awesome auntie! I love it!!! And I must admit, I am a dollar store snob -- but now I might have to go check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ahhh super cute!! i always find good stuff at the dollar tree lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh my gosh - love the dollar store and any reason to buy themed things. i have a serious problem. :)

    cksxo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Leaving in NYC the dollar stores were fun, we even had one that was .69/.79/.89 stores...
    AZ, eh...Not really a fan.

    $armin

    ReplyDelete
  9. aww the basket is super cute! Your nephew is going to love it! I love the dollar store! It's a teacher's favorite place :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Girl, I stalk the Dollar Tree. I always buy fun centerpiece decor there. It's my 'go to' place when I need to get out of the house for no reason and don't want to spend too much. LOL Reesey is LUCKYYYY!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE the Dollar Store! I shop there once a month or two, you can always find cute organizational bins liek you said, holiday decor during the season, great summer goodies for bbq and such!
    xoxo Inna :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. You know, I'm still kind of a dollar store hater . . . although I came around a little when I realized their helium balloons were only $1.25 (San Francisco dollar stores are more, haha), and I bought a ton of them for my girls' Valentine's Day sleepover! I don't know if we have any big chains like Dollar Tree around here, but I'm totally going to think of you and this post and stop next time I see one. :)

    ReplyDelete