Photobucket


Sunday, March 13, 2011

I survived ... barely

I have been on my death bed all day today, which has brought me to the realization that I can't hang like I used to.  I seriously could use a Gatorade IV today.  I'm chugging water as I type. 

I went everywhere looking for something cute and green to wear for Saturday.  I babysat Friday night so I had to drag my poor neph around the mall with me.  There were literally NO green dresses.  I ended up buying one without trying it on just to get out of the mall. I came home, put it on and was horrified.  I looked OBESE.  I ended up putting on a greenish teal wrap dress I've had forever from Old Navy, but it was windy and when I was walking it was blowing open.  There was no way I could wear that unless I wanted to flash my girly parts to all of Dallas. 

So, on my way to my friend's house where we were meeting to pre-game, I stopped in at Plato's Closet, a brand name resale shop, as a last resort.  No green!  I settled on a black, white and denim dress and threw on green accessories. I had no other choice.  Next year I am not waiting until the last minute to shop, mark my words! 

This scarf was brand new and $7.99.  The dress was $12.99.  I literally changed in the dressing room after buying the dress and scarf and walked out with the clothes on.  The beads I've had from past St. Patty's Days and the bow was $1 from the Target Dollar Spot. 

The ladies at the pre-par-tay.


Court and I (the one I just did the bridal party cookies post on)
 
In the street of the block party.  Court, me, Patty and Kathryn.
 
I'm starting to look a little haggard and the hair is getting yuck.
 
Oh my!  Some randoms.
And a close up of the bow ...

I even put it on my nephew when before I dropped him off at his Mom's Saturday.  Just don't tell my brother.



I hope everyone had a fabulous weekend and you survived if you partook in any St. Patty's Day festivities.  Why aren't the weekends longer?
Pin It

10 comments:

  1. OHMYGOSH you still look SOOOOO cute! Give me your hair! and while you are at it, give me youe nephew!!! LOL he is soo cute also! Ok, so that's it. Either you are coming to Washington or I am coming to Texas. This party needs to meet up!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello!
    Totally know how you feel, I was feeling like that on Saturday. & I had to spend my morning, like 8 AM with bunch of HS kids. I hope you feel better soon.

    $armin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too bad you didnt end up finding any green but the green accessories looking amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the little bow ;)

    And the 'why aren't the weekends longer' is one of life's enduring mysteries...

    K.

    ReplyDelete
  5. glad you had a great time! and despite the fact that you couldn't find a green outfit you still look cute!

    i need to come to dallas next year for st. pats!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i must say im cracking up at your first paragraph saying you can't hang like you used to. i think that is the story of my life. it's not even that i can't hang, it's more like i pass out before 11 and i suffer from a hangover no matter how much or how little i drink. LOL!

    you still look cute for the ordeals you went through trying to find something to wear! and i think it's hilarious you put the bow on your nephew! he seems to enjoy it!

    have a great week girl and i hope you feel better!

    <3 megan

    ReplyDelete
  7. you still looked cute and looks like it was a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you survived! Loved your green bow!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are so cute! I love your outfit and your super cute green bow! Glad you survived, can't have anything happen to my bloggy bestie! Your nephew is adorable!
    <3 I love your new button btw! I'm going to add buttons to my blog today and am definitely going to grab it ;) Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love it!! Hey, you've got to have weekends like that every so often!! ;-)

    Happy Monday Dear! Feel Better!

    xo

    ReplyDelete