Photobucket


Thursday, March 24, 2011

Oh mah word!


Today calls for a "Thankful Thursday" post for a multitude of reasons.

Reason #1 - I'm thankful I hit my goal of 100 followers on the same day I published my 100th post yesterday! I'm loving that I currently have 112 followers. 112? You have to be kidding me.  Andddddd, the number "12" just so happens to be my favorite and lucky number.  Coincidence? I think not.  Here is a big, official WELCOME to all you new ladies, I can't wait to "meet" you all! 

Reason #2 - I am thankful for all the amazeball people I've "met" through blogging.  Exhibit A: My homie Beth over @ SweetBef's Blog.  First of all, today she published a hilarious post all about the "Grind Behind", which is a must read.  I present to you step one:
Imma need you to go check her out.  She's hilarious and her blog is the bomb dot com.   And secondly, she devoted an entire post to yours truly yesterday, which you can see here.  Without her assistance, I'm not sure I would have met my goal.  So thank you my little ginge, I've got a pair of Bugle Boy boxers in the mail with your name on it to say "thanks".  (Don't ask)

Reason #3 - I'm thankful I got hooked up and I have a giveaway all lined up to celebrate reaching 100 followers.  So hold onto your panties because tomorrow I'm doing the big reveal!  Make sure you are a follower so you can enter, you're going to want to.  Trust.

Reason #4 - I'm thankful my Grandma's surgery went well.  This morning my Grandma had a procedure to check her and they found no heart damage.  I'm so glad it's over with and her ticker is just fine.

Reason #5 - Lastly I'm thankful that today is pay day.  I don't know what the hell my problem is, and even though I'm a biatch on a budget, I keep spending all my money.  It's getting out of hand, and I know I've complained about it before but clearly nothing has changed.  I may be a bargain shopper, but my little bargain finds all add up. 

I'm going to have to force myself to create a budget in order to cut back on unnecessary spending.  Anyone else have this issue or is it just me?  There is a line in the Martina McBride song "This Ones For the Girls" that goes:

"This one's for all those girls about 25 ...
Just living in an apartment just trying to get by. 
Livin' all, all on dreams and spaghetti o' ... 
Wondering where your life is gonna go." 

That line is me.  Except I live on Lean Cuisines and Progresso Soup. 

What really needs to happen is I need to find a billionaire, hot (not Anna Nicole Smith style) man so I don't have to work and can spend whatever the hell I want.  Anyone else agree? That sounds better than a budget to me.  I'm in.  This is how I would roll as a Kept Woman:
I'd obviously be super hot because I would be able to afford trainers and personal chefs.   Definitely.
Pin It

12 comments:

  1. 1. 113...i will be obsessivly checking for your follower count for probably weeks.

    2. thank you, thank you, thank you for the sweet comments about me. you are the best blog twinny. i'll gchat you my address for those Bugle Boy undies. can't wait for that surprise!

    3. glad to her about your g-ma!

    4. i, too, live on lean cuisines and progresso soup. another reason why we're twins.

    5. is that Kim Zolciak from RHOA in that whip? that hair looks fake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahahaha! I always thought of that MM song when I was single! And hey, I love me some Progresso soup!

    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on all the new followers! Glad I found you and am one of them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you been to mint.com before? You can link it to your bank account and your budget, and it creates little graphs for you to see where your money is going and how to save more money.

    I've loved your blog for awhile, so I'm glad I could help you out with more followers.:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm alive!! lol

    I'm kind of on a blogging hiatus, I guess. It started turning into more of a stress than a hobby. Daily I'd panic about what to wear so I could do a blog post or I'd just worry in general that I "have" to do one. I'd opt out of visiting my friends and family so I could come home and... you guessed it, work on my blog. I just started feeling like it was controlling me which is NO BUENO! I'm focusing on my friendships, spending more quality time in the evenings with my fiance, and putting my energy right now towards my future. I have a job but it's nothing that I would want to do if given the choice so I'm putting my efforts into getting myself to where I want to be! I'm still reading blogs though :) I might come back, I might not. Knowing me... I'll be back lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. hahaha love that grind behind post..

    ok I actually looked at your followers and counted backwards to see if I was 112.. because that happens to be my favorite number too! well not 112 but 12. yea I think you got that.

    You're a new favorite. Get that money girl!

    CarissaExplainsItAll

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woooo! Lets start huntin for sugar daddies! :D
    xoxo Inna :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on the 100th follower and the 100th post!

    And I'm thankful the weekend's almost here, can't wait to sleep in on Saturday ;)

    K.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm a new follower and i am absolutely digging your blog!!

    i have the same problem with shopping, btw.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have such a hard time staying on a budget since my work is within 4 blocks of amazing stores restaurants including sephora, forever 21, express, ross, and about 10 ice cream places.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad to hear about your grandma! That is such great news :-)

    ReplyDelete