Photobucket


Thursday, May 24, 2012

Review: Hana Titanium Flat Iron!

Way back in January the kind sirs at Misikko sent me the Hana 1.5 inch Titanium Flat Iron to give a whirl and review for all of you bargainistas.  Five months later (I needed to give it a proper test run, okaaaay), here I am to dish ....

I think it's important you know that prior to owning the Hana Flat Iron, I religiously used my hot pink Chi Flat Iron.  In fact, the Chi and I were in a pretty serious relationship and we were even approaching our 10-year anniversary.  That's a long time if you ask me, so I feel bad that I haven't so much as thought about touching my Chi since my introduction to the Hana.  I'm sorry Chi, but I'm not sorry.  
It's hard to see everything that came in my package, but Misikko hooked this bargain blonde up! In addition to the Hana Titanium Flat Iron, my box was complete with several heat protective travel flat iron cases, thermal protectant Serum, a silicone mat for your counter top, e.l.f. goodies (how'd they know?), hair towel, sleep mask, nail files, etc.  Seriously, it was Christmas in January when this box arrived.  Being a blogger does not suck.

So what's so great about the Hana? A flat iron is a flat iron is a flat iron, right?  Wrong.  My hair is really wavy (especially in the back) so I absolutely cannot get away with an average, run of the mill flat iron. The shiz has to be legit.  The Chi works great, don't get me wrong (or else I wouldn't have used it for 10 years), but the Hana works better IMHO.  


The titanium plates are the real show stopper here.  This particular model has a 1.5 inch plate, which means I can grab more hair at a time.  The more hair I can cover per stroke of the flat iron = less time to get ready.  Wam, bam, thank ya mam!


I also love that the Hana has an adjustable heat setting.  I use the highest setting (450 degrees) when straightening my entire head of hair, but if I just need to smooth out a kink or two to touch up, I can lower the setting to save my hair from unnecessary extreme heat.
They say the proof is in the pudding, so here's my proof.    



I wouldn't be singing the praises of the Hana Titanium if I didn't love it so much.  I had my Hana with me in the "getting ready" rooms during my friend Courtney's wedding as well as my friend Kristina's wedding back in January and February, and all my besties tested the Hana out. I'm happy to report that they loved it just as much as me.

If you want to get a Hana for yourself, it's on sale right now for $174.99. It's regularly $239.99, so you can save some major dollars!  It ships same day, comes with a free 2-year warranty and you'll get these goodies for free:

If you have any additional questions about the Hana, I'm happy to share my experience using this flat iron. Just leave your questions in the comments or e-mail me!  Happy Thursday ladies.
Pin It

20 comments:

  1. OH How I wish those KIND SIRS would contact ME! Lol!! I love Hana!! SO much more than Chi. I have to know - where is Chi now? LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously. These HANA people know their shiz. My hair is totally jealous right now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember your wavy hair in the back. you made me straighten it for you, remember??

    actually, you probably DON'T.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i don't usually flat-iron my hair but when i was asked to give this puppy a test run i couldn't pass up the offer. and i know if i ever need to flat-iron my hair or a friend's hair i have a winner sitting in my bathroom

    ReplyDelete
  5. what the eff does a blogger have to do around here to get my hands on one of those? really i just want the hair dryer. but beggars can't be choosers i guess.

    here's to nothing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your face. Love your hair. That is all! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. The stuff they send with the flat iron is so awesome . . . and OMG that shine serum smells DIVINE. I won one of these in a giveaway quite some time ago, and I loved it . . . till it up and broke (stopped working). I need to nudge those peeps at Missiko to see what's up, cause it was a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahhh I need one! My hair is naturally wavy too and SUPER frizzy!I may have to invest in one...

    ReplyDelete
  9. AMAZING! You're hair looks great Au Natural too, I wish mine did!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Agree!!!! I was also asked to review the Hana and yes, sooo much better than the chi. I also LOVE the straightening serum (I see it amongst the other goodies they included (it's in your pic). it seriously is rediculous how much they send... in a good way :) This company rocks and so do their products.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful!!! Love the locks :)

    I sure do wish Hana would send me one to review! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You posted this on the perfect day...i was just thinking today how I need a new iron!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love my chi too. This sounds amazing tho! Your hair looks beautiful both straight & curly! Love the shine!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've had my T3 Tourmaline for.ever. I think the cord is about to fall off... I love it, but might just have to upgrade!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I can't stop staring at the plates haha! I'm used to ceramic and the shiny titanium is beckoning!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have a hot pink chi too!! It really doesn't work the best on my curly hair & have been wanting something better I just don't know if I can bring myself to spend the $$ ahh.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Amazing post! I love professional straighteners! I own a Karmin titanium, it's also professional and works GREAT.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I think it's important you know that prior to owning the Hana Flat Iron, I religiously used my hot pink Chi Flat Iron. In fact, the Chi and I were in a ... echiflatiron.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Good review but I personally love my Karmin iron

    ReplyDelete